Protecting your Privacy At Polyzer.clothing, we’ve got your back when it comes to your style and those all-important personal details. Our customers are super important to us, which means protecting our customers by keeping their personal data and information secure at all costs is a main priority. We know the world of data security can be tricky, but we want you to be fully clued up on everything you need to know when it comes to your personal information and how it’s used. Consider this your guide to all things privacy related.
HOW WE GET YOUR INFO
Most of the information you, the customer, provide us with happens when you’re engaging with us and our brand. This could be from anything from browsing the site to purchasing and registering for an account.
When creating and registering an account, you may provide us with personal information including your name, email address, delivery address, phone number, credit card details, date of birth, and other general marketing preferences.
We may also receive information from you via you entering one of our competitions, participating in any feedback questionnaires around your shopping experience with us, or from any communication, you may have with our customer services team.
LOCAL DEVICE STORAGE
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Log in to your account
- Navigate to My Info
THE NITTY GRITTY (FRAUD PREVENTION)
PURCHASE HISTORY AND SAVED ITEMS
LOGGING IN VIA THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Our third-party advertising partners and its service providers will deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partner will make the data we provide it pseudonymous, this means it is not personally identifiable.
We also use a number of digital marketing networks, as well as several advertising technologies including pixels, ad tags, cookies, device identifiers, and web beacons. The adverts you see from us will use some of the information we’re currently holding about you, or previous information from your use of our services.
To learn more about the use of this information or to make choices about receiving personalized advertising provided by third parties, please visit the European Digital Interactive Advertising Alliance by clicking here.
- Companies that help us and our customers use our services such as payment processors, warehouse team, courier companies, and return services.
- Service providers that we work closely with to help us run things day to day and provide better experiences to customers. These companies include Google, advertising partners, our website hosting company, and various other tools we use such as multi-variant testing, etc.
- Companies that we feel sure to get our customer’s approval. These include social media sites (such as when you log in with Facebook), or if you decide to checkout using PayPal when shopping with us.
Any other third party will not receive your personally identifiable information. They may however get access to anonymized data which we use to identify patterns and market trends.
YOUR INFORMATION AND USAGE OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA(EEA)
KEEPING YOUR INFO ON FILE
- As long as you have an account with us.
- As long as it is needed to provide services to you.
- Or as long as it is necessary in order to produce support related activities.
In certain cases, we may keep hold of some of your information after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. This type of situation may arise if your details are needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
SAYING NO TO UNWANTED MARKETING MESSAGES
- Letting us know via updating your account settings to reflect this new request.
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email or text message you receive from us.
- Getting in touch and contacting our customer services team direct.
Once any of the above are actioned, we’ll update your profile. Don’t worry, choosing to stop receiving our marketing messages won’t stop communications with us completely. You’ll still get important updates you need to know about from us with regards to your order(s), we call these ‘service contacts’.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used by companies.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we purge your data, stop processing it, or collecting it in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint to make, or just have a question for us – get in touch!
- If you have any questions or feedback about this notice.
- If you would like us to stop using your information.
- If you want to exercise any of your rights mentioned above.
- If you have a complaint – if you feel we’ve let you down or there are any areas we could do better, we wanna know about it.
Our Customer Care team is always happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact our privacy team by dropping us a line through our contact us page